• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Poor scores in 3Dmark 2001 with XP2400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Geobronc

I upgraded from a XP1900 to a XP2400 and have noticed that my 3dMark scores are very low compared to others with similar systems and clock speeds as mine. What might be the problem?

Look at my Signature for my System spec's.

My Score is 12,500. I see others with 14,000+ with same setup as mine almost.

I agree w/ you that that is a low score for your cpu speed and vid card o/c.

Have you tried the Riva runer tweaks and also set your memory timing to the most aggressive settings?

Try running at higher FSB speeds too.

well... first... go into your nvidia performance setting. Change from Balance setting to Aggressive setting.

Always use the latest driver for your card, it helps. Also, when you run the benchmarks, make sure there is nothing, running in the background and also in the system tray.

Well all those above are the pretty basic stuff I can think of.

My memory is running at 2-2-2-6, which is the most my memory can handle. Also clocked up to 166mhz. I could try and go a little higher, but when I tryed 170mhz, the 3dMark 2001 crashed to desktop. I dont have any programs running while I run the benchmark either. I always benchmark after a fresh reboot of Windows also.
My Video card is clocked pretty high and I have the latest Drivers for Nvidia 40.72. I tryed using the best performance for the video card settings and got like 200 points more and thats it.

Is there anything else I am missing? Its really frustrating to not see higher scores. I am using the latest 3dMark 2001, which has 3 pictures at the end of the benchmark. Should I be using an earlier version of it?

Any other suggestions?

Elusion, what do you mean exactly by "Change from Balance setting to Aggressive setting." Where do I change that?

i had a similar problem. i was getting about 13.5k with my 1600 @ 1850 and a visiontek 4600 @ 315/700. then one day i decide to run 3dmark again and i am getting like 7k. i uninstalled the drivers completely and restarted. then i installed the newest drivers and viola 13.5k.

just try to reinstall the drivers, it will help hopefully.

try the new 41.09's they might also help. check madonion for them

I had the same problem....went to 210FSB and had to rienstall windows and the drivers....I dont know which one it was but I'd try the drivers if were you.

check the pic

nvidia.jpg

you can change the setting for direct 3d as well

Also make sure that vsync is off by default, have the image quality set to best performance, have antisotrophic filtering set to none, make sure there's no antialiasing, and play around with drivers to see which ones give you the best performance.

ib69nu said:
i had a similar problem. i was getting about 13.5k with my 1600 @ 1850 and a visiontek 4600 @ 315/700. then one day i decide to run 3dmark again and i am getting like 7k. i uninstalled the drivers completely and restarted. then i installed the newest drivers and viola 13.5k.

just try to reinstall the drivers, it will help hopefully.

try the new 41.09's they might also help. check madonion for them

13.5K doesn't seem bad at all for your system specs. 7K is a different story.;)

3dmark

I still have much tweaking to do. I get the same score as I used to with an XP @ 1785 as I do with my 2400+ @ 2224. :( About 10400....

Back