• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg definitely checks resellerratings.com

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

muddocktor

Retired
I just ordered a Gigabyte 9700 Pro and a SLK800 from Newegg this last weekend and I never did receive any shipping confirmation from them. I checked online at their site Monday evening and saw that my order had shipped, so I didn't worry about not receiving the shipping notification. Today, my package came in and was in good shape and the order was complete. I went online to resellerratings.com to rate them and I put in my comments about Newegg is slipping up a little and no notification of shipping. I did this about 12:00 noon and to my surprise, I received an email from Newegg about 5:00 PM. They stated that they had gone through their latest ratings at resellerrating.com and saw my post and checked into it further. They said that they had a server go down on them last weekend and some email didn't get sent, including my invoice and shipping email. They apoligized profusely and said that they were going to send me a "goodie box" and a T-shirt, either the Newegg T-shirt or the Abit/Newegg T-shirt. I replied back that I wanted the Abit/Newegg T-shirt in size L and Roxanne at Newegg replied by 6:00 PM that it was on the way.:D

Now that is what I call a premium online retailer; probably the best online retailer I"ve dealt with. Not only do they check to see how people are rating them, they also the extra mile to keep their customers happy. I never complained to Newegg directly, just listed that they never sent me shipping notification. They went the extra mile to see why I didn't receive this notification and also offered up some free goodies to boot, and I never asked for anything as compensation. I'm really curious to see what they wil send me besides the T-shirt. I do know that I will be making plenty of future orders with Newegg.:D

Newegg rocks!

Je-zus! That's some crazy stuff! I guess online your reseller ratings score is your life-blood. Sounds like they have somebody in customer service whose job it is to keep those ratings high. Pretty cool about the goodie box, though.

Go newegg! :cool:

dang. i've ordered from newegg 6 times and service has always been superb. i must say they are not called THE BEST ONLINE store for nothing. they are like the walmart of the internet.

i love newegg...the only thing they could do to change..is accept paypal payments...i would order from them alot more, but i dont have a checking account...

Newegg, is still to me and most likely a lot of other people, the king/queen.

They have always had nice staff, and they got my stuff to me always in a couple days, usually shipped w/in that day or next.

Best business ive dealt with.

And to bring back to topic in my post.

--------
Congrats on the goodeh bag! :D

yea newegg is the best of the best...iv dealt with them numerous times and they have never disappointed. nice to hear about the free stuff too

Too bad they shafted me, and have so far offered absolutely no explanation or even any response at all. I know I'm going to get drowned out by the people who are happy with them, but I got screwed and will never use them again.

Stormbringer said:
Too bad they shafted me, and have so far offered absolutely no explanation or even any response at all. I know I'm going to get drowned out by the people who are happy with them, but I got screwed and will never use them again.

Call them!!! They have a very good customer service staff. If the fist person that answers the phone can not help then ask for there supervisor. Keep going up until they help you. One piece of advice is to stay calm and be nice as that will get you more than calling and screaming at them. Good luck:D

"One piece of advice is to stay calm and be nice as that will get you more than calling and screaming at them."

That's why I haven't called them back yet. :) I'm still incredibly ****ed. I will after a bit, but I think I'm still screwed, as the charge won't get removed from my card for 5 business days, and I don't have enough to re-do the order.

Sigh.

I wish you people would stop talking about the GREAT service at the 'egg!! How in the HECK am I going to jump on all the great refurb deals, if you keep spreading this around.:D

Just kidding, I think they rock, and Refurbs Rule.:cool:

steve

zabomb4163 said:
dang. i've ordered from newegg 6 times and service has always been superb. i must say they are not called THE BEST ONLINE store for nothing. they are like the walmart of the internet.

No - WalMart would sell you crappy items at a cheap price, not quality items at a cheap price, like NewEgg does :)

Yeah Newegg is the greatest. I've gotten stuff from them (across the continent from me) in less then 48 hours... and it was shipped free. :)

I'm not registered at Ressellerratings... but as soon as I am I have about 8 10's I need to give them. And a nine. (ordered an oem cdrom, and although it wasnt going to get damaged unless the box got crushed... it would have been damaged if it was... (was in a box with a sheet of bubblewrap smaller than the area of one side of the box and doing nothing to hold the cd or protect the cd on anything but one side.))

Newegg rocks, they have the fastest order to shipping time I have ever seen. The only time I have not recieved an order within 3 days or so is if I miss the FedEx guy. Also, they kick *** with RMAs, I had a funked up Leadtek board that was givin me grief, got an RMA and mailed it right back for a FULL refund. Kickass.

Back