• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP 1600 AGOIA vs AROIA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nildey

Registered
Hey guys!

Until now I was using a locked 1600 xp AGOIA 9 and I had it running stable at 166x10.5=1743mhz (Turbo memory settings). It maxed out around there. I ordered 2 new AGOIA's from Nutrend.com. Only I didn't get AGOIAs but 2 AROIA Y 0212's. These chips rock! I didn't even try running it at stock but went straight for 175x10.5=1850mhz (@1.85v and 2.7v). It boots and is stable with 3dmark(12400 marks!!!). Prime finds errors after a while but that's because of the turbo memory settings. I just prefer having a super fast rig than having it 100% stable. My rig hasn't crashed on games or anything. Oh yeah here's the rest of my system:

Corsair XMS 3200 C2 512mb
Albatron 4200TI TURBO 128mb
Volcano 9+ "Coolmod" w/ AS3
3 intake fans 1 exhaust fan
Temps: Case: 29C CPU: 39C Idle and 44C load

Anyway...just thought I'd share my experience with you...please leave and comments or questions you have...:D

damnit, i wanted an AROIA so bad! instead i got this damn green agoia9...should've ordered from nutrend

TyRex said:
damnit, i wanted an AROIA so bad! instead i got this damn green agoia9...should've ordered from nutrend

are green agoias crappy overclockers? mine isnt stable past default

Cant update my sig cause I have an @Yahoo e-mail address, and they dont accept those anymore. But anyway, I now have an AGOIA "Z" 0226 Unlocked and running at 1900mhz (152x12.5). I could go to 12.5x166...(2075) and it posts but my PSU makes it lock upon entering windows. I'm very satisfied with how it overclocks :D. Its a brown one though.

Can someone please explain to me why people are reluctant to RAISE the multipliers on their processors? Are there any dangers involved? Most people go for the higher FSB settings. Is this just because it raises memory bandwidth and allows for higher benchmarks?

yeah AROIA's, especially AROIA Y's tend to be better than AGOIA stepping. however, there have been some **** poor AROIA steppings. AROIA 9's and 4's tend to max out at 1700mhz especially if the week is a little bit early

Back