• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will there be 1700+ Tbred Bs?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tipycol

Xbitlabs
Is that what the link's saying? I don't quite understand the steppings, but I remember one of the tips on the front page said that DUT meant Tbred B. I just didn't think they were coming out that low (okay so I thought 1800+, big difference right ;))

Im really suprised here!

That article you showed us says the tbred Bs in low speeds are being released on the 11th! Thats a few days from now!

Id figure we'd all be rioting in the streets right now.

whats the deal?

They may have changed their minds.

I'm please with mine for now, will wait for the best "B" revision to get handed down to the 1700+/1800+ tbreds... THAT will take a while. What we will be seeing initially are factory rejects (just like the original release of the Tbred 1700+, not nearly as good as later "A" tbreds AIUGA).

I still dont understand the complete lack of interest from ANYBODY about low speed tbred Bs coming out. Does no one give a crap about this?? Sure it might take a while to get some good samples, but last time i checked overclockers.com , they were saying that it would be spring before we saw ANY. Not just good versions. December 11th is 4 days away not a couple months.

I dont know about you but Im damn excited.

inspectorhammer said:
I dont know about you but Im damn excited.

I certainly share in that excitement, and surprise.

I even updated the Tbred FAQ to reflect AMD's sudden change of game-plan.

If they prove to be great overclockers I'll grab one, but not until I'll get 2.2ghz with 1.8v ...

Me too

Altho I just bought 2 Tbred a 1700 + (before reading the news) I think they should be able to go much higher than tbred A's :)
I personally don't plan to overclock mine much ;) I would try running it at a lower multiplier and greater fsb (possibly 400 if my ram allows it otherwise definitely 333).

I am definitely excited about Barton @ 200 MHz and Integrated heat spreader tho i hear that IHS will come with athlon64 and not barton :(

though the lower speed tbredb's will be released on the 11th we probably won't see one anywhere till jan at the earliest.

I'm not getting too excited about this altho it is great news for us it will just take a while to sell the Tbrd a's that are out at the moment

Pinky said:

I certainly share in that excitement, and surprise.

I even updated the Tbred FAQ to reflect AMD's sudden change of game-plan.

If they prove to be great overclockers I'll grab one, but not until I'll get 2.2ghz with 1.8v ...

I am excited as well , in fact I might have to get one to go with my new ram :D

Gabtoks said:
I don't think it's necessery to go faster...

What you say?

I can understand if it's not needed (content with curent performance), but hell man, this is an overclocking site!! It's NEVER fast enough for us! lol

Back