• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best liquid combo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ss109

Registered
I have read about using Watter Wetter, antifreeze, distilled h20, etc. What seems to be the best combination - or just straight h20?

Straight tap water is a no-no.
Use distilled or better yet deionized water (chem department connections come in handy).
Add about 5-10% by volume of antifreeze or better
water-wetter/similar automotive product.
Maybe some anti-algae from aquarium shop.

walkerIV said:
Straight tap water is a no-no.
Use distilled or better yet deionized water (chem department connections come in handy).
Add about 5-10% by volume of antifreeze or better
water-wetter/similar automotive product.
Maybe some anti-algae from aquarium shop.

I didn't mean tap water. Obviously that would not be very helpful.

I have been using straight distilled, but was wanting to squueze as much performance as possible...

if you want to squeeze performance, definitely add the reccomended ratio of Water Wetter or purple ice in the system. if you have dissimilar metals (like copper and alluminum or steel) mixed in the system somehow definitely add at least 10% antifreeze to save yourself from corrosion. copper and brass are fine to have in the same system as brass is mostly copper. but any other metal combo should be protected from corrosion

Back