• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DVD-Burner! Too Early?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

triflux

Disabled
I was thinking about buying a DVD-Burner or atleast asking for one, for this holiday season.

I then thought maybe I should wait 6 months, with the current = and - format wars and the relatively slowness of the current DVD-burners, heard it takes around 2 hours to burn a DVD.

hmmm any superior information is greatly appreciated

Well right now, aside from movies, there aren't too many things that you could burn with a DVD burner. I guess you could use it to backup PS2 games, or Xbox, but if you don't have either of those then maybe it's not worth it for you. Plus aside from the slow speed and high price, each blank DVD is quite costly too, so I would wait until everything becomes cheaper, and more importantly, useful.
When they start putting games that are currently on 4 CDS onto on DVD then you would need a DVD burner.

thanks for the simple but very effective answer omega!

Yes, I should always perform searches great thread penguin I am currently reading it.

I would say wait. They can hold a butt load off info (pardon the french), but it takes too long to burn a disc. Wait a while (I would say a year rather than 6 months) and you will see faster burners for much less.

yeah after reading all the info I think waiting a year is a good idea. I remeber the emergence of CD-burners and how outrageously priced vs. their speed they were.

Back