• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Damn there def is a barrier on my 1800+ :-(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

just upgraded from 50cfm and AX7 to 130CFM Heatercore/ Via Aqua/ Tc4 water setup hoping to get 2100mhz....

unfortunatly that will be nothing but a dream. while on air the best i could do with 1.8v was 2007mhz. On water the best i can do w/ 1.9v is 2035mhz.

i tried voltage up to 1.95v and it still wont go above that.

my temps atleast are real good now on air i would be in low 50's and now i am in low 40's. the delta 130cfm fan is not that bad either. there is no whine on it which is very good.

i still think the worst fan ever was the 60 mm 50cfm Fan. That made me wanna kill myself!

Emericana said:
just upgraded from 50cfm and AX7 to 130CFM Heatercore/ Via Aqua/ Tc4 water setup hoping to get 2100mhz....

unfortunatly that will be nothing but a dream. while on air the best i could do with 1.8v was 2007mhz. On water the best i can do w/ 1.9v is 2035mhz.

i tried voltage up to 1.95v and it still wont go above that.

my temps atleast are real good now on air i would be in low 50's and now i am in low 40's. the delta 130cfm fan is not that bad either. there is no whine on it which is very good.

i still think the worst fan ever was the 60 mm 50cfm Fan. That made me wanna kill myself!

at least you have a silent pc now and better temps, thats an accomplish already. Also good to know that via aqua pump works good... i used couldnt believe it was so cheap and still efficient...

Like I've said a few dozen times, there's a ceiling around 2ghz for these cores at acceptable/safe voltages. If you can get 2ghz at 1.8v you're doing very well.

Lithan, i just modded the delta to run at 7v and it IS almost silent. well atleast it is much quieter of a pc than on air.

my temps are also better....

i lost around 4C average downgrading from 12v to 7v but i still get around 3C better than i did using air which is still awesome!

Back