• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a quick question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blackhabit

i want to set up a dual boot with linux and windows xp, right now i have xp pro going and i want to creat a new partion to run red hat 8 on, i am very new to linux and i dont want to completely jump in the band wagon but maybe run along side for awhile and till i get used to it. my question is you can download the 5 discs on the internet (iso images) do then burn those on to a cd and then boot off the cd etc and should i even bother downloading the 4 and 5th dics , since i really down need them, (why confuse me more then i will be). if you could a quick overview of what i need to do from beginning and downloading to the finishing touces. thanks a lot

You are correct, just download the cds and burn the isos then boot off the first cd. I wouldn't bother with cd 4 and 5.

It's pretty simple, red hat will detect win xp and set up your dual boot.

Back