• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Beeps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jjfried

Asus P4S8X, P4 2.53 533Mhz, 512 MB Corsair XMS PC2700, Gaonward GForce 3 Ti 200 Golden Sample.
With stock cooling when I would run 3DMarks the box would beep like crazy, no real pattern, e high, some low, no real order. Jumped the Agp voltage and gott more beeps. I replaced the HSF with a P4 Dragon and the beeps are fewer but still there. The Asus Probe utility never reports a temperature above 112F.
What's making the box beep?

when you are stressing your comp something is going out of spec,or you have the alarm threshold set wrong. a few things to check: cpu temp,mb temp, voltage alarm thresholds

It's probably voltage or temp alarm. Like Flapper said, you can set the min and max for the alarm, usually in the health menu part of the BIOS.

I noticed that the 3.3v reading is 2.9 and change. Could this wholr deal be a power problem? This box has three hard drives and three optical drives. When power was disconnected from everything but the C drive there were fewer beeps, but still beeps. The more the video card is overclocked, the more beeps, same with AGP voltage.
I could find no place in the BIOS to set alarm thresholds. If it is there someone will have to guide me.
I am stumped.

I know how to do it in the Abit BIOS, but don't have much experience with Asus. Maybe post in the Asus mobo section?

Back