• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which PSU would you recommend?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XyKo

Disabled
looking for a good psu which doesn't cost over $100. hoping to get over 430watts.

the sparkle 400 will put out over 500watts. If you really need to go cheap you can get a 300watt one at newegg for $30 i think. It has been tested at around 470 so you should be more than safe.

Forton Source Power (FSP) makes and owns Sparkle. They are a tremendous value. I recommend either the 350 or 400W Fortron models from directron. The 350W model is indeed big enough, but most want bigger numbers than that. It produces over 450W in reality. The Fortron/Sparkle 400W units are beasts.

The other top value choices are the Solution Series from Antec. They are nearly as inexpensive as the FSP/Sparkles, and have tremendous 3.3+5V output. Newegg has the best deal on these.

The Antec True Power 380, 430, and 480 are top notch supplies. Pricing from directron is pretty reasonable on these. They are very good units.

The Vantec 470 and 520W units are nice too, but pricey.

PC Power and cooling are very good units also, but as so many other supplies of proven quality are available for half the money, I have a hard time recommending that route. If you have money to burn they may be the best alternative.

Read the sticky above for general guidance on power supply selection:

http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=150384

Back