• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can You Help Me? My Printer Crashes My Computer!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC-Master

Its a simple crash, my printer and system setup is of course listed in my sig...

When I turn my printer on with my computer running, everything is fine but as soon as I hit the power off button on the printer when the computer is on, the computer crashes and I get a blue screen of death and windows XP Pro restarts the machine.

Any sugestions? I was thinking maybe its got something to do with the newer VIA 4in1 drivers???

Any help or comments are appreciated, thankyou..

EDIT: Even after backing my clockspeed and FSB to defualt (non-overclocked), this issue still exists so it appears its not from overclocking.

OC-Master

What does it connect to the computer with, if its usb or somthig of that sort, maybe those drivers are bad...

Matt

pirate252 said:
What does it connect to the computer with, if its usb or somthig of that sort, maybe those drivers are bad...

Matt

It uses USB to connect to the computer. I have the latest official VIA 4in1 drivers installed.

OC-Master

Hmmm...I had issues with those 4in1 drivers...my usb was actin weird too, i really dont know what to seggest beyond that...Not a expert on things like this...Hope somone else can offer more help though

Matt

Check the printer's website for a driver update and/or their tech support section. You may be able to find a solution there.

>>>>>stool's idea, and if not, try stepping the driver back one version. Sometimes the latest driver has bugs....

Back