• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP2100+ @ 2GHz (Locked)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fredie G

Registered
I just finished overclocking this chip. I did it with only a volt mod to the motherboard. The multiplier is still locked at 13. I know how to do the first step in unlocking this chip, its the second step that I'm not too sure about. I don't know which two pins on the bottom of the cpu to connect. I really want to decrease the multiplier and increase the fsb for overall system performance.

Thanks

Chip ID: AX2100DMT3C
AGOIA 0216UPDW

CPU @ 44c, 1.98v, 2GHz, Water cooled.

Fredie G, you've got a palomino core not a tbred so unlocking it will take connecting all L1 bridges. Looks like you got it confused with the tbred were you only have to connect the 5th L3 bridge.

Fredie G said:
I just finished overclocking this chip. I did it with only a volt mod to the motherboard. The multiplier is still locked at 13. I know how to do the first step in unlocking this chip, its the second step that I'm not too sure about. I don't know which two pins on the bottom of the cpu to connect. I really want to decrease the multiplier and increase the fsb for overall system performance.

Thanks

Here you go:beer: It's a better idea to use conductive paint instead of a wire.

pin01.jpg

If you have a default multipier from 13X & above & a motherboard that can not read all 5 FID Pins shorting these 2 pins will allow you to use 12.5X & below. The first sighting of this mod was for a XP2100+ Palomino chip.

Back