• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will a Thermalright SK6+ and a 38 CFM Delta be good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just a personal experiance with the "Screaming Delta" I used one a while back and before i had it I used to talk to my friend on the phone a lot while trying to sort out which server to join in games and whatnot after the delta 38 was installed i was unable to use the phone in that room. It really has an annoying high pitched whine to it .I have had fans rated higher than 47DBA and they were not nearly as annoying as the delta. I personally would stay away from it but listin to the sidewinder computers sounds (down for me at the moment) Who knows maybe you can handle it. Ive only been buying 80mm heatsinks myself as the fan options are more diverse perhaps another option to look at, also if another heatsink isnt an option an adapter to allow 80mm fans to fit on the HS is an option (buy or build).

Check out Joe's article http://overclockers.com/articles629/ he uses a fan similar to the screaming delta (a bit louder/more cfm) Very good point by Joe at the bottom

"The difference between a screaming 7000+ rpm and a tolerable 4000 rpm is 6 C. Users might consider using a rheostat or a temperature controlled fan to moderate noise as requirements dictate."

Good luck with the heatsink/fan selection.

-OF

i have that exact setup, it's not all that loud to me. if you know what a dragon orb 3 sounds like it's about the same (they use the same 38CFM delta). i get awsome cooling from this SK6+ too, 30C idle and 36C full loadwhile overclocked (XP1600 @ 145X10.5)

edit: those are ON DIE temps, not in socket thermister ;)

cuz directron is in texas. SVC is in a street called Alameda (not sure of spelling) in San Jose. Its like a 15 min drive from where i live so i can just go pick it up and save $5 on shipping off every item.

(NamelessOne i love the guitar thing in ur sig) i read it every time.

ssgohan434 said:
cuz directron is in texas. SVC is in a street called Alameda (not sure of spelling) in San Jose. Its like a 15 min drive from where i live so i can just go pick it up and save $5 on shipping off every item.

oh my god dude thank you, i didn't know directron was in houston,tx it's like 5 minutes from my house.

ill go there monday thanks man:)

Back