• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

msi k7pro (6195) bios flashing problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

merthos

Registered
Well I now have the processor on this board to a temperature i can live with so im wanting to over clock it some more.
this board supports up to a gig but whenever I try to set the cpu to more than 900 the board powers up and wont shut off unless i flip the switch on the back of the psu.
Im hopeing that a bios flash will fix this problem but whenever I try to flash the bios it gives me a write protect error
error code 18:

I have the ami bios and have tried about 5 different flashing utilities all with the same result
I've tried flashing from a floppy (several)
from the hard drive
in dos, a dos prompt , and windows 98
all to no avail...
there are no settings in the bios for unlocking the flash procedure
and i have read the manual from front to back several times and can see no jumpersettings for flashing the bios either
has anyone else had this problem ?
how did you fix it?
any ideas here im running outa hope for this board

I have same motherboard. I flashed it with ver. 1.8. You can get it at amd.com. Reset your bios to default settings. Then go into windows and use the flash utility ver 1.8. Reboot and there you go, set your bios to liking.

Back