• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much overclock are you guys achieving with your setups?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wangster

Official O/C Santa Ferret
Please post your OC's and the cooling setup you guys have for your cpu/gpus.

I would like to qualify the average results that you guys are getting to see what to expect as far as performance increases from nonOCed to OCed in games requiring high loads and massive fps.

Thanks in advanced,

Wangster

P.S. Please post fsb and multi settings as well as mem settings.

Last edited:
system in sig... im getting nexus multipanel, corsair pc3200 and an unlocking kit this week so dont count ill stick to this that much longer

If you haven't already, check out the cpu database. follow the link on the overclockers.com front page.
and see my sig for my oc.

all mines in the sig too.
remember also pc's with a high fsb,the whole pc speeds up.not just the cpu/gpu.this is more important to me than a higher mhz oc.but im sure you already know this :D

443 mhz oc at the moment.is my highest benchmark run.

Last edited:
specs on signature.

200mhz oc. tried everything with this 2600+(333) and can't get over 2220mhz. even tried higher multipliers with stock fsb. uping voltage to 2.0v still won't go any higher. bumm chip i guess?

the wierd thing is when i run over 2220 on any mutiplier to fsb ratio the system will boot and run. when i do memtest they pass in sisoft sandra. but do mutimedia test (mmx) the system doesn't lock it just throughs me back into the desktop. almost like the chips limitation is in the mmx instructionset of the chip. does this make any sence?

Would you be able to quantify in percentages what kind of real-world performance increase you guys have seen from your OC'ing.

I'm not trying to belittle your accomplishments, rather I'm trying to estimate a reasonable amount of performance increase I can expect when I start OC'ing in the spring.

Still gathering all my parts. Only core components left, MB, Mem, Cpu.

Just about everything else but the things that complementary components that stem directly from those decisions have been purchased.

Thanks in advanced,

Wangster

Wangster said:
Would you be able to quantify in percentages what kind of real-world performance increase you guys have seen from your OC'ing.

I'm not trying to belittle your accomplishments, rather I'm trying to estimate a reasonable amount of performance increase I can expect when I start OC'ing in the spring.

Still gathering all my parts. Only core components left, MB, Mem, Cpu.

Just about everything else but the things that complementary components that stem directly from those decisions have been purchased.

Thanks in advanced,

Wangster

the best way to do this is to run a benchmark of pcmark2002,one at default and one oced to max.it tests the pc perfomance as a whole.
actaully if done correctly the performance gain is higher then just the cpu overclock as the whole pc is overclocked.

Hrm its been so long since I have done any benchmarks at stock that its hard to put things into percentages. I can say though that high FSB provides an extremly good performance boost (not to mention the bump in cpu speed)

i havent done a bench in that at stock but id guess an easy 33% in pc perfomance gain. even with only a 15% oc on the cpu due to the high fsb.

for my work, I see the biggest performance gains when I'm compressing video. Overall about 10-30% gains, depending on the programs, however.

Duron 1294 @ 1430. El Cheapo Pc 133@ 146. This is about all I can do with my k7s5a. Anything more and I lock up. Currently running a Volcano 7+ full load appx. 40 C.

OC-Image.jpg

Setup
Below in sig Just added a SLK-800 With Tornado on it :D

Back