• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7volts

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dem1an

i seem to recall an article where ed wired a fan to run at 7 volts instead of 12 in order to slow it and the noise down a bit. am i having a senior moment or can someone refer me to an article so i can wire a 120mm fan like that.

thanks for the link; although, the lesson was good (+12v - 5v = 7v), it looked to me like that is a lot of butchering for not much gain. i looked at their mod and here is what i did. i had alread bought a pin puller from radioshack. i just pulled the 2 center black wires (returns) coming from the psu and taped them off. i then moved the red wire next to the yellow wire and that was it. i personally didn't like all the intermediate connectors and cutting they did. just buy a pin puller. :)

dem1an said:
thanks for the link; although, the lesson was good (+12v - 5v = 7v), it looked to me like that is a lot of butchering for not much gain. i looked at their mod and here is what i did. i had alread bought a pin puller from radioshack. i just pulled the 2 center black wires (returns) coming from the psu and taped them off. i then moved the red wire next to the yellow wire and that was it. i personally didn't like all the intermediate connectors and cutting they did. just buy a pin puller. :)

Exactly what I did this weekend to slow down my 120mm Panaflow :D

Back