• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FSB pin Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TheNEWB

So well, my retarded friend in a daze of stupidity bought an Intel Board (awhile ago). God knows what kinda croop it is but what the hell. So he calls me and asks if we could try out a new (norhty) CPU in my Abit. So I'm like what the hell, why not? Anywhoo, CPU is a 2.0a and it does 3.0 ROCK STABLE, even had it running at 3.2 for a while with 1.7Vcore.

So well he wants to run this thing in his Intel board at least at 133FSB (533). Which is very dooable with his CPU, but has no money now for a new MOBO.

We'll Vid Pin the thing tommorow, but I have been looking for the pin to block or cut or paint of something: the pin that gives the 133FSB option, you know, the one that makes the MOBO think you have a 133FSB cpu.

I just searched like 600 Threads on this forum and i cant seem to find the ONE, that special thread with the explenation.

Does any one out there remember it or at least know the pin?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Kam

The FSB is determined by two pins: BSEL0 and 1. Assuming the board supports it, you need to drive H on BSEL0. Since I don't have a P4 pinout in front of me I'm not sure where that pin is, but I'll bet you can find one if you look hard enough.

Driving the pin high would just be a matter of insulating BSEL0 on the chip and connecting the socket for that pin to Vcc.

Just do a search for BSEL0 for more info.

Hmmmm............

Well doesnt intel use reverse logic, so when the pin is sending a high signal that means its low? So that means the bsel 0 is sending an actual high and bsel 1 a low for the 100FSB?

So do i have to insulate Bsel 0?

Thanks,

Kam

EDIT: Found it! FSB pin mod! :D

Last edited:
Back