• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help RANDOM RESTARTS!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bon3thugz43v3r

I posted this in the case/power threat, but a lot of people in this threat I know are good at this stuff so i though i would post it here also.

Hello, I have had my 400 Watt Antec Power Supply for almost a year now and all of a sudden I cant use my coldcathodes because the comp will hang at post. So I unplugg those and it works fine. Then, I have to unplug my tri-led case fans so it will boot. After that, I have to unplug my other two normal case fans to get it to boot. Temps are now gettin into the 110 rang =(
Then I get it again, so I lower my overclocks on cpu, video, memory ect. Still Restarts.:mad: Is my power supply just dying?
All my lines appear to be ok, except my 3.3 (i think) line is like 10 lower then 3.3. Should I email antec about it?

All replys will be greatly appreciated thanks.

Sounds to be as if your power supply seems to be dying very slowly as you stated. Do you have any other power supply to test in the system to make sure it is definitely the power supply.

Also, try just: Mobo, CPU, RAM, and heatsink w/ fan plugged in and see if that gives you any problems.

Before.. taking any other suggestions have you tried my suggestion? That's the easiest way to narrow it down whether it is your PSU or not. Also, Antec sells PSU testers so you might want to check into that. I believe I saw them selling on Newegg. c

Well i talked to an antec rep who emailed me back 2 minutes after i sent the email "can u say WOW":p and he said he will give me an rma and he will send me a brand spanking new power supply.:p

Back