• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7A266 - Works with Thoroughbreds?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well often the vcore options are a function of the default cpu voltage. If the default voltage is 1.75v, you would have that plus another 0.1v to work with. If you put in a cpu with a lower default voltage, like 1.65v, you should have options between 1.65v and 1.75v.

I'm not sure which rev. it is, but I gave me 1700+ Tbred A to my cousin and it worked on his A7A266 even without the beta bios.

I may try a T-Bred and see if it works. But if it doesn't then i may have to pass cpu onto my bro. I have Rev 1.03 with the 10 dip switches. Has anyone done the multiplier mod on the 10 dip switch board?

OK I just bought XP1700 T-Bred "B", popped it into my Rev 1.03 board and it booted fine. Jumper mode is disabled. The only problem i'm having is that it reports it as a XP2000+, and that's because in the bios it reports it having a 12.5 multiplier but in CPU-Z it reports it at 11. But either way I maxed out the FSB without effort and am currently running at 166.7X11 and default voltage. Will try for more in a bit. But as of right now at least in my case and that of another person I was speaking the T-Bred does work in the A7A266 Rev 1.03. Oh side note i'm using the BETA bios.

Actually when I tried the 1700 Tbred A on that board it did the same thing, it recognized it as an XP2000+ even though the actual multiplier was at 11. I changed the multi to 12 by the dip switches and it's running fine at default voltage.

Ok I guess this board unlocks these chips, cause right now i'm running a 12X166 and I got score a XP2400 would get in Sandra. Also Cpu-Z reports it being at 12X166. I should be able to max it out on this board 12.5X166.

Captain Hilts said:
I believe that the board I was working with did not have a 1/5 fsb/pci ratio, does yours?

Don't remember,my wifes grandmother uses it,I built it for her and it works flawlesly,but it isn't overclocked at all,but you have me wondering,I will have to take a look..

Back