• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mini CDRW disks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Both CUSA and Best Buy carries them. I bought a pack of 5 185MB for about $10 bucks at CUSA last year. I use them heavily, copying and erasing them on a regular basis.

Staples has them. And I understand why you want CDRW's, no way I'm paying that much for a little CD that I can only write to once.

i got a pack of them at office depot a while back just for kicks. ive only used them 2 times or so. just fun to have. great for taking a powerpoint presentation to class. and you look all high tech in front of class with them. i dont know why, its just a little cd. but people like them.

SpaceRangerJoe said:
and you look all high tech in front of class with them. i dont know why, its just a little cd. but people like them.

stylishness is a big part of marketing, just ask oem puters...

i was going to get the phillips expanium exp401 which uses this minicd format and mp3 support, but i thought "hmm i cant use regular cds so f*ck it (besides mini cds are a hell to get here in mex)" and i got the exp403 with more features and normal cd. But on a second thought, i bet i woulve sold it for good $$ but ohh well.

I got a compaq pm-1 that useses the mini cds. Personaly I like it very much. So I want some cdrws so I don't have to only write once to them and can't change my music on them.

wait are theres mini CD palyers liek mini CD palyers that you carry around in your pocket hock headphones up to and listen to music on? and they can read MP3s? as you walk around outside?

yep, the expanium newest one supports mp3 pro and the expanium exp 431 ors something like that supports AAC audio, i went for exp 503 which is the full sized version with AAC support (mp3 sux against it...

Intrepid6546 said:
wait are theres mini CD palyers liek mini CD palyers that you carry around in your pocket hock headphones up to and listen to music on? and they can read MP3s? as you walk around outside?

Yeah, they look like a regular cd player, but half the size. It's a cool toy to have!

Intrepid6546 said:
hmm. sound's really cool cept I don't quite have it in my budget, I hear they aren't cheep ($150-$500).

search at shopping.yahoo.com for:

eXpanium EXP401

you can find it for around $60 shipped with all the accesories... it supports MP3 and AAC audio also..

well then. how about quality and skip protection? also how much are those earphones. i have a regular old CD [alyer with some nice headphones but I want earphones if i am gonna get this thing also what level of MP3 compressino is best? as far as not loosing a notible amount of quality. I know on my comp hard drive I always use at least 128-bit when recording WAV files to my media library. thanx for the info guys.

Back