• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Knoppix rocks!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

captain_amd

WOW. This is a pretty sweet OS. The mouse is acting a little funny, but other than that. WOW. If this is how inux looks, I am sold and I am switching right away. It looks so much cleaner than M$ W2K. Maybe setup a dual OS?

Anyway on to my question: Is there anyway to put Knoppix on my Hard drive so I can boot to it all the time? If not what is a similiar Linux Distro? I really need to learn more about Linux/Unix. It actually looks more user friendly than Windows does. For right now, I am not going to use W2K. Just play with Knoppix.

Whoever wrote this distro rocks!!!

captain_amd said:
WOW. This is a pretty sweet OS. The mouse is acting a little funny, but other than that. WOW. If this is how inux looks, I am sold and I am switching right away. It looks so much cleaner than M$ W2K. Maybe setup a dual OS?

Anyway on to my question: Is there anyway to put Knoppix on my Hard drive so I can boot to it all the time? If not what is a similiar Linux Distro? I really need to learn more about Linux/Unix. It actually looks more user friendly than Windows does. For right now, I am not going to use W2K. Just play with Knoppix.

Whoever wrote this distro rocks!!!

However right now if you install it to the HD, it won't quite have all the Knoppix features but will end up being a basic Debian installation. This isn't a bad thing because you can apt-get all the trimmings Deb has to offer.

As for your mouse...

I have a wheel mouse that wouldn't work right until I found out about those F2 cheat codes that let you change what gets loaded durring boot. I can go with several WM other than KDE or GNOME. I also got my wheel mouse going with Boot syslinux screen then hit F2 cheat code screen and entered knoppix wheelmouse.

Knoppix rocks indeed !!!

interesting... i may have to carry a Knoppix cd from now on to show it off to friends and get them hooked on *nix =)

doesn't SuSE have a 30 day trial that boots from cdrom?

Knoppix rocks indeed! my friend gave me a copy of it and I love it. Its the only copy of linux I was able to actualy use. Its got oppen office on it gimp and it dected my cheap onboard ac97 sound card!

Its great!

Back