• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

epox 8kha+ - which t-bred b?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dropadrop

I have an epox 8kha+ motherboard. I want to get my final processor for it, and ofcourse it should be something that will last me. I'm not going to get another socket a mobo, I would like to manage untill athlon64 initial bugs are sorted out...

I know the mobo supports up to xp2600+ processors. That would mean that with the newest bios I can select a 15,5 multiplier? Can I modify any t-bred b to get that mulitplier?

I'll be cooling with water, and my memory won't really run faster then 166fsb. I think this means that if I can get 15,5 multiplier I should go for a 2100+. If I can't get a such a high mulitplier I should probably go for a 1800+...

Whadduya think?

Actually if supports the XP2600+ (266 version) then it will support at least a multi of 16 - I think based on current feedback the XP2100 B seems the way to go in terms of price v performance although the XP1700 b's which have a stepping starting with an A seem very good as well. If it were my choice I would go with the XP2100 so long as you could guarantee the stepping 0248 AUIHB!

So if I can get a multi of 16, and fsb 166, I need a processor that will do 2.6ghz with water cooling... I guess I have to wait a month or two more! :D

dropadrop said:
So if I can get a multi of 16, and fsb 166, I need a processor that will do 2.6ghz with water cooling... I guess I have to wait a month or two more! :D

huh? no. What he meant to say that if your motherboard supports xp2600+ (2133MHz) it means it supports higher multiplier CPUs but doesn't officially support the 166FSB chips, but that doesn't matter. right now the XP2100+ TbredB from newegg come with the best Tbred B steppings around and we already see people hitting 2300MHz+ on air. I think that should be your proc of choice.

I have been following what are good cpu's now. My dilemma is, that I don't know what the maximum mulitiplier my motherboard will support is.

For example, let's say the maximum multiplier I can get is 12.5, and maxumum fsb is 166. This would mean that the maximum speed I can get out of any processor, (that's up for it) is 2075mhz.

Now if I can get a multiplier of 16, it would mean the maximum speed I can get is 2656mhz.

If I can only get 2075mhz out of the board, there would be no point in getting a 2100+, as I would be able to get the maximum speed out of the cheaper 1700+. I hope you follow me. :)

You said it yourself that your board supports upto XP2600+ they use a stock of x15 multi. the thing is that if the board supports the x8 bit (the last L3) then you should have no problem going to a max multi of 12.5 + 8 = x20.5. and by saying support for xp2600+, you say x8 (multi) + any multi u choose between x5 and x12.5 = your new multi.

Right... Now It's all starting to be clear to me. I can still gain the 8 multis on top of what I can select on my mobo.

Me = Happy

Someone by the name of hallen has a 2100+ T-Bred B in his 8KHA+ clocked at 2.25 GHz (Still in progress). I strongly recommend the 2100+ as there is a big gap in price between the 2100+ and 2400+ and the results are THE SAME.

Yodums

I really need a cpu that will overclock so far, that I won't feel the need to upgrade it again. Plenty of people have managed to get their 2100's up to 2,5ghz, and if I was sure mine would do that much, I would get one right away.

I think I'll still wait a month or so, I don't think the steppings will get any worse. :p

Back