• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

enermax 650 watt psu (that's a lotta power!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mbentley

Gloriously Lead, Overclockix Chief Architect
have any of you seen these? now just imagine what all you could run with this:

enermax 650 watt psu

eg851_lgr.jpg

i would definitely say that you could use this in a server running tons of scsi drives... you guys seen anything higher wattage for normal computer usage?

hehe i have one like that, enermax 550(650 max)

the only reason you need that much power is a dual set up or tons of scsi (but i have a machine running 8 scsis and a p3 450 with only 235w)

the other reason is that you just like to have more than enough, so you can stick with the same power supply as wattage use raises

I have the same PSU I think...mine is blue. The 550w (650 max) Enermax. I know it is complete overkill....but I got it from an overclocker desperate for cash for $75 one week old :cool:

wow that's a great steal... i wish i could find deals like that... maybe if i search the refurb items from time to time... i just need the cash to do that first :D

I have the 550 [650w peak] in my fileserver [9 HDDs/CD-RW/Dual CPUs] and it gives me no problems. It is up 24/7

Now the REAL 650w monster is super expensive and the power connector is non-atx... it has the connector that fits Xeon and dual AMD boards if I recall.

wow that's a great steal... i wish i could find deals like that...

They are all over the place. I will admit that I am somewhat of a message board scavenger...there are alot of amazing deals on message board classifieds. If I see something that I need or know I can turn aound for some cash at college I pick it up. There are so many hardware enthusiest out there that...overextend themselves...and someone has to buy off the pieces of thier failed fantasies :) It is also kinda nice to never be on one board so much, I get a taste of them all.

Guys, you don't have that supply. That is the EG851AX-VH (850 watts peak I guess, not that even the 650W rating means a lot). You all have the EG651P- family supplies.

Not that this all matters a great deal, that is indeed a 24 pin connector supply intended for server usage. But it does have big numbers, and we know how important that is. If I could just find some way to get my fan up to 9000rpm and get this supply I should be able to get 400MHz more out of my machine... ;)

haha no sarcasm from larva ;) i don't think i have ever seen a power supply that high in power... who knows what will be next...

maybe "one point twenty-one jigawatts!!!" hehe :D
back_to_the_future_large_14.jpg

Last edited:
mbentley said:
haha no sarcasm from larva ;)

Of course not, I would never make a sarc... damn, I can't even get that one out! Gulity as charged. :D

I love the pic too, that reminds me of one deer supply I had to replace for a guy. He brought the machine in, and I tried to power it up to make sure it was the supply (never, ever trust the customer's diagnosis...). It went POW!, shot a plume of flame out the back, then smoke.. lol. Amazingly enough his other components survived, and he went home the happy owner of a Sparkle :)

Back