• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700+ Riuga....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

azn_G

hey wassup...
i jus picked up a athlonXp 1700+ and its a t-bred A however i have not seen this stepping b4 (RIUGA) and was wondering if u guys can give me some info + results with overclocking on this chip?
its not even in the sticky above ^^^ with all the different t-bred A's
i tried typing in google but the search result was that it was a MP chip... which is not possible since my mobo read it as a XP one..
thx for your time and reply =]

oh yea 1 more thing... all the mutipliers seems to be unlocked... all the way up to 22... but i dont have a KT400 or nFORCE2 mobo
i have a KD7-E with a kt333 chip, but a kt400 southbridge.... is it my motherboard unlocking my chip?
or is it the t-bred that came unlocked?

Expect about an 1750-1850 MGz overclock depending on the week of you CPU. It is your board that is unlocking the CPU...the KD7-E is a KT400 board (new) with a KT333 chipset :rolleyes: I never did really figure out what the was going on with unlocked low speed T-Breds on what boards.

i dont kno what week it is... however i kno that its a new one since the board that the chip is on is a green one....
so i can expect it to go up to 1.8 ghz?
would it be too much to expect it to go up to 2.0ghz?
i have DDR400 samsung RAM....
is there any people around here with results of how far they got the RIUGA up to?
thx alot for the info =]

I've never heard of RIUGA, but it sounds like a cut down AIUGA. so I don't think that 2GHz will be easily reachable but it should get you to 1.8 or maybe 1.9 with enough juice

Just wondering what would make you say it is a cut down from the aiuga? I just got one (riuga) and its a 0250. I'm going to be running this on a 8K3A with corsair 3200c2 and a AX-7/tornado. Hope it does better then 1.8.

Because the only difference between the names is the A and R in the beggining of the stepping, pretty much the same as JIU*B and AIU*B... But report back on how it goes. Good luck

I agree coolest. generally speaking the codes that bedgin with the letter a are better batches. this is the way that I beleive amd bins chips. they take a wafer of silicon and the better ones become aiuga's for example and the less desireble ones get another letter like j or r. this is not to say that you won't get 2ghz out of one. it would just be a rarity w/out high volts and serious cooling. in the future check here to see what steppings provide the best opportunity for overclocking.

thanks guys I hope for the best but after seeing this it looks like I'm going to be getting another cpu soon. I have a 1800 on order from newegg and it will be here monday. Hope its a "B" and better stepping. If it is this riuga will go in a rig I'm building for a freind.
I usually do look in here but I havent been shopping for cpus and my wifes rig went down so I just went and bought one. She now has my 1600agoia and I have this sucko riuga. Not that it's a dog I dont know for sure cuz its still in the box. I'll be puttin it in tonight and I'll let you know how it goes.

Why didn't you order an XP1700+? it will pretty much guaranteed to be a JIUHB stepping with a nice week date. and it will propably OC higher than the 1800+ as from what I've heard the 1800+ Bs are JIUCBs, and it costs less than a 1800+
If I were u I'd cancel the order and give the 1700+ a shot
or just order from excaliber (sp) and pay a bit extra but know the exact code you're getting

The 1800 is for a freind and he will not bo OCing at all. I doubt if I could explain it to him so he would understand what ocing is. As for the one I bought I claim ignorance and I'll take my lumps. Yep should have looked here but the wife was screamin about me working on everybody elses rigs and hers being broke down. Not that big of a loss. I'll put it in another rig I will be building soon. Then I'll be looking for a "B" for sure.

I just received a 1700+ RIUGA OEM from NewEgg. What speeds have you been able to get to? At stock voltage 1.500v I was only able to get to 1900+ speeds stable (12.0 x 133.33). I bumped up the voltage a little to 1.575v and have it running at 2000+ speeds (12.5 x 133.33). This is only in two days and I plan to move it up a little bit more in the next couple of days, but seeing what other people have been able to accomplish will help me know where the limits are. I have a SK-7 ThermalRight heatsink with an 80mm fan going at 2200 RPM. I want a quiet system so I can leave it on at night, which is why I bought a slow speed fan. So far its been doing a good job with the temperatures.

So far the best I've done with my RIUGA is 1800...tried for 1813 but it's far from stable.

Was able to get up to 138fsb x 12.5 without bumping up the voltage but in order for it to be halfway stable at 144fsb I had to bump up the voltage a couple notches.

Anyone do better then 1800? If so what is your voltage set at? What temps do you get?

Back