• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vid Card holding me back???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyleboy77

I'm just wondering, but do you guys think my crappy
Voodoo3 2000 pci is holding my computer back from some good oc's. And if I get something like a GeforceFx (when it comes out) will it be possible to get better oc's on my comp?

Well,your videocard is definitely holding your system back All those nice components and a Vodoo 3 PCI !!! .IDgamer is right that it has nothing to to with OC'ing the CPU but Its time for an video upgrade ;)

performance wise yes...
overclocking wise I would say it could come into it if your planning on running a higher PCI bus then its a matter of what the card could take - but you could probably a buy a GeForce FX that craps out at 34MHz...

Ok well how come when I oc over 140mhz fsb windows xp will always give me blue screen that says something about the vid card drivers?

pci vid cards can kill a fsb overclock, i had an viperv550 that would run fine at 41.5mhz pci in an old bx sys but a sis card that would just black screen at those speeds, no post or anything

Back