• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finally movin on up:)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

The best thing happened a while back,someone stole my old Gateway P3 computer,so I replaced it with another AMD rig and I am on the move once again but much faster:D
I just hit # 89,been in the 90s for ever:D :D

Would have been more fun if a Dell had been stolen. Then you could say "It all worked out because dude that Dell didn't crunch worth a crap" :D

TC said:
Would have been more fun if a Dell had been stolen. Then you could say "It all worked out because dude that Dell didn't crunch worth a crap" :D

I was hoping that my work machines was changed for a new IBM PIV 2.2 GHz but I was not in the list, so no new computer.....just 256 MB of memory and a 40 GB HD.

augustwest said:
its would be nice if whoever stole the thing fires it up, wonders what seti is and starts crunching under your name :cool: !!!

I was thinking the same thing:D

Congrats!!! It took me around 3 months to get out of the 90's!!! I am now around 80/81 1-1.5 months later:)

Mictlan said:

I was hoping that my work machines was changed for a new IBM PIV 2.2 GHz but I was not in the list, so no new computer.....just 256 MB of memory and a 40 GB HD.
heheee....guess i'm the lucky one then. got a new work machine!! upgraded from a PIII 733 256MB PC133 to a PIV 2GHz 512MB PC2100!! :D what a day & night difference in crunching time :eek: :eek:!!

p.s. actually i've been soooooooooo tempting to swap my home 2.26b for that 2GHz cpu to see if it's the newer c1 stepping that could hit close to 3GHz......:D

It is hard to believe the difference between the P3s and todays CPUs,it wasn't that long ago a P3 933 was a high performance setup:)

Back