• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Barton Review.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was excited to see a review of it, until I saw how it did. I was hoping for a stronger performance boost. Perhaps as the FSB's get higher will will see some improvement.

Fiz

Fiz said:
I was excited to see a review of it, until I saw how it did. I was hoping for a stronger performance boost. Perhaps as the FSB's get higher will will see some improvement.

Fiz

Ah, dont worry. According to some people, the Barton versions are supposed to be priced exactly the same as the T-bred Bs. So basically, you get a T-bred B with 256KB of exta L2 cache for free.

One huge thing they failed to test is thermodinamics. With the barton having much more surface area than the T-bred B, its clear that it can dispurse much more heat at the same amount of time. More surface area always translates into more heat transfered per second.

OC-Master

Im still dissapointed.
It seems to imply that the "2500+" (at stock) is only slightly faster than a 2200 and is slower than a 2400. (the benchmarks did not show up for me- were they supposed to?)
If thats true- barton may end up as a colossal flop.
lets see... Barton- $170 that ocs to 2.3Ghz and gives performane at about 2800
or.... 2100tbred b that does almost as much for $100.

Back