• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what are caps good for?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RCtruckguy

i had 2 dead PSU's laying around so i decided to raid them for parts, and i was wondering what caps are good for.

in r/cs we use them as a device to enhance "punch" or acceleration. i think i fryied a 4700uf 10v cap (its buldgeing) i must have had the voltage backwards or in the wrong place (i put it on the motor, my speed controler dosen't have a plug for a cap, i just heard your suspost to put it on the battery. woops LOL) could i use 2 2200uf 16v caps for almost the same effect? oh and wicth side is the negative? the side with the stripe?

Thanks alot guys!~RCTG

I salvaged a few out of a PS that I'm gonna use to replace the ones that blew on my Abit mobos :D Just need a few more...

RCtruckguy said:
i had 2 dead PSU's laying around so i decided to raid them for parts, and i was wondering what caps are good for.

in r/cs we use them as a device to enhance "punch" or acceleration. i think i fryied a 4700uf 10v cap (its buldgeing) i must have had the voltage backwards or in the wrong place (i put it on the motor, my speed controler dosen't have a plug for a cap, i just heard your suspost to put it on the battery. woops LOL) could i use 2 2200uf 16v caps for almost the same effect? oh and wicth side is the negative? the side with the stripe?

Thanks alot guys!~RCTG

Yes you can use 2 2200uF 16V caps, and you should connect them to the connector of your speed controller (The one that goes to the battery NOT the motor), negative side is the side with the stripe.

thanks guys!

Beans-what ones you need? i may be able to part with some

killorbee- thanks, i was going to put them on the battery side, thats what my dad told me to do. (i got him into racing hehe, along with my best friend hehehehehe)~RCTG

whoa...when did people start using caps in rc cars? i used to race with an associated rc10T. i never heard of people doing that, however it does make sense. hmmmm maybe i was just un informed?

Back