• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to Build a Dual Prime Stable 3.2 DO @ 4.0+ GHz Guaranteed …Many PIX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Unforgiven said:
oRIDDLERo, what did you have to do to get all of your wiring on the backside of the motherboard tray? I was wanting to hide all of my wiring like that, but wasn't really sure where to start. I see one hole cut in front of the PSU on the top. I have to say that is one incredibly smooth case modding job.

The hole you see cut at the top is just so the 1/2" T-Bend can get to the new fill port behind the MB tray. I thought this would be the neatest place to install it. I did however stuff a few wires through there because they were close by. B4 i had the fill port i just stuffed them all thought the pre cut away area behind the hard drives with no problem

mgoode said:
outstanding!!!
What is that in your first 5.25 drive bay? it looks like a mini matrix orbital.

That is my good friend the "DigiDoc". It displays the 12v rail, the 5v rail, and has inputs for 8 thermal diodes ( i have them connected to CPU, GPU, GMEM, NB, Internal Ambient, FET1, FET2. Aux CAp1) It might look a tille different b/c i cut a new face plate from a lian-li aluminum blank with a dremal and files (this was NOT fun)

I've been reading with much interst the last few months on many different topics, and I recently joined these forums about a month or so ago, and have really gotten the bug to do some of the more extreme mods to get max performance from my machine.

I have been studying the wouteral mods (Vdroop,Vofs, and Caps), but wanted speciffic information on the IC7-G speciffically, not the Max III.

Well, I found it here at this thread! This is a great thread. It is very helpful, and there is one single bit of info that it contains that saved me alot of greif and expense. That tidbit is the warning about the pin 9 voltage change, and the fact that one muct set the 500K potentiometer to 500K instead of 100K.

Thankyou very much for going to the trouble of posting this, and asking wouteral the right questions about the chip specs, and all the step by step testing you did to assure the users this was a relatively safe mod. Relatively I say only because there is always risk when modding.

There were also minor changes to the microfarad values on the capacitors (the 1200 uf ones).

Your work wqas very neat and tidy, and I really like the added touch of hot glueing the caps nice and neat before soldering them. This will help greatly in keeping them still which gives a good mechanical/electrical solder joint.

I will be doing these mods myself. I went online to digikey and bough two rolls of 28ga multistranded wire, 3 16v 1200uf Nichicon caps, 8 6.3v 2200uf Nichicon caps, a Bourne 20K 25 Turn 3/8" sq. Cermet Type Potentiometer, and a 500K 25 Turn 3/8" sq. Cermet Type Potentiometer.

These mods done by wouteral were very well thought out. I like the addition of the Vofs alot. The way these were implemented Abit should have done this from the start. Forget about the Intel loadline spec. These boards are for the enthisiast, and Abit is know for their OC'ing. When one is pushing a Pressie to 4.0 and beyond we want stability. The IC7 is great board, it just has a few minor shortfalls when OC'ing to high levels. This addition is a great addition to an already great board.

3DFlyer said:
I've been reading with much interst the last few months on many different topics, and I recently joined these forums about a month or so ago, and have really gotten the bug to do some of the more extreme mods to get max performance from my machine.

I have been studying the wouteral mods (Vdroop,Vofs, and Caps), but wanted speciffic information on the IC7-G speciffically, not the Max III.

Well, I found it here at this thread! This is a great thread. It is very helpful, and there is one single bit of info that it contains that saved me alot of greif and expense. That tidbit is the warning about the pin 9 voltage change, and the fact that one muct set the 500K potentiometer to 500K instead of 100K.

Thankyou very much for going to the trouble of posting this, and asking wouteral the right questions about the chip specs, and all the step by step testing you did to assure the users this was a relatively safe mod. Relatively I say only because there is always risk when modding.

There were also minor changes to the microfarad values on the capacitors (the 1200 uf ones).

Your work wqas very neat and tidy, and I really like the added touch of hot glueing the caps nice and neat before soldering them. This will help greatly in keeping them still which gives a good mechanical/electrical solder joint.

I will be doing these mods myself. I went online to digikey and bough two rolls of 28ga multistranded wire, 3 16v 1200uf Nichicon caps, 8 6.3v 2200uf Nichicon caps, a Bourne 20K 25 Turn 3/8" sq. Cermet Type Potentiometer, and a 500K 25 Turn 3/8" sq. Cermet Type Potentiometer.

These mods done by wouteral were very well thought out. I like the addition of the Vofs alot. The way these were implemented Abit should have done this from the start. Forget about the Intel loadline spec. These boards are for the enthisiast, and Abit is know for their OC'ing. When one is pushing a Pressie to 4.0 and beyond we want stability. The IC7 is great board, it just has a few minor shortfalls when OC'ing to high levels. This addition is a great addition to an already great board.

So how did your mod go? I assume everything went alright?

Is it just me or is the Asus P5-B Deluxe one of the best overclocking core 2 duo boards out there?

im just getting back into computer so this is all new to me. You guys prefer the P965 express over the nvidia 680i??

NO LIFE said:
Is it just me or is the Asus P5-B Deluxe one of the best overclocking core 2 duo boards out there?

im just getting back into computer so this is all new to me. You guys prefer the P965 express over the nvidia 680i??
i think you posted in the wrong thread. :p this one has seen no action since sept of 05, and doesn't have anything to do with C2D. ;)

I thought this was for a C2D that could magically pump up to 4.0 when I saw the thread title!

Back