• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who said AMD does not overclock good?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Now that's a pretty good overclock. Do you know what the stepping is of the 1700+ is? And what type of cooling do you have on the chip, and what's the voltage that your sending through it? And I'm sure some people are going to want to see some pics of benches etc.

sorry,

1700+ JIUHB 302

SLK-800 Vantec Tornato Rehostated

I think my motherboard is off because it says 35*c.

burning in right now will post pict after work tonight,

I think it was the Intel guys that said that. The same ones that are now saying this 1700+ Tbred B is the next 1.6A. I guess they don't realize you couldn't buy a 1.6A for 3 times what you can get a 1700+ Tbred B for now. A 1.6A for $141 back then was a hard thing to find :D

Please don't let me be the start of some flame war. Just joshing. ;)

thank you :D

This is the best overclocking chip I have ever owned :D

3KILLP4$$2.jpg

i wonder if my chip could compete, i think my mobo is refusing anything at 2100mhz or higher. 2088 and i can fold for days on end but as soon as i hit 2100 it locks in the same spot in the boot up every time

Where'd you get the chip from I may want to pick one of those up. $50 is a very good price to waste money on, you lose more than that every 3 months. At least I have a habit to.

Mr. $T$ what voltage to get 2400mhz out of the 1700+ ?

better overclock than my current 2100+

Jen

Yeah AC the JIUHB's are much better chips. But, think about it. 1x more on the multi when you're at 190+ fsb and over 2ghz... it's never gonna be noticable imho. It's just bragging rights.

As for me, My ram limits me at 2375 @1.80v (1.84v average) 190x12.5

By far the best overclocking chip i've owned. $50

My JIUCB comes in second (also 1700+) $50
My AIUGA comes in third (also 1700+) $65
My 350 k62 comes in fourth $140 if memory serves me.
My 750 (900 core) slot A athlon classic comes in fifth (and was by FAR the most expensive at ~325$ on ebay with a fanheatsink and goldfinger)

What does this mean? Athlon Xp Tbreds are the best chips yet. :). Now I just need to upgrade my ram and break 2500mhz with this sucker.

Also anyone who WANTS a 1700+ JIUHB guarenteed, get it at www.Excaliberpc.com for $8 more than newegg. Or wait until neweggs stock of JIUCB's is gone (should be soon). I got lucky once. And got what I paid for once. Spent 100$ at newegg, got ~4400mhz of cpus. Can't argue with that.

Back