• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Double DDR Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

STRAY

Registered
It's a dumb one so hold on tight.

I know it's ideal to use the DDR in pairs, but is it possible to just use one stick at first? I'm anxious to get my A7N8X MB and start tweakin but can only afford one stick as of right now.

I know it won't be optimal but is it doable?

If you want to just run the system with one stick, it'll work fine. You won't get the benefits (which is debatable) of Dual DDR since you need two sticks to run it, but if you're low on cash, you can buy one stick now and buy the other stick when you get more money.

Yeah I plan on getting two or three sticks total...I just don't want to wait another 2 weeks till my next paycheck :rolleyes:

Thanks for the fast reply! :)

Yes, it runs fine with one stick. I ran mine like that for 2 weeks,then bought another. Book says to install "1" stick in the #1 dimm slot. Mine would not post like this, i put it in #3 and it ran... go figure

Back