• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with chipset cooling please :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

setl4nothing

I recently installed my new Volcano 9. working wonders for my cpu. currently at 1540 (140mhz o.c.), temps at about 46C. On the downside, my chipset fan has died on me within the past few weeks, and i finally got around to crafting a new one, out of an old pentium sink (as well as 4 neato vga ramsinks :D ). I have no idea how to go about attatching the new heatsink in place of the fan. my MB temp is running around 27C now, and im not sure how healthy that is. I was reading around, and came across a site where a guy was testing the mix of epoxy and as3. i have both of these on hand, and assuming i get the overall approval of the forum, i think im going to try and attatch it as such. Else, i can try the as3 in the center, and dab the epoxy on the corner of the chip. Just a little advice/guidance would be appreciated here. ---on another note. F#@# ohio. those "winter temps" that i was talkin about a week ago, have left. its 50 f'in degrees outside. :mad: hehe. anyways, thanks in advance!
nolan

go with thermal epoxy to adhere the sinks to the nb. i assume you want to use a mix so that it is easier to remove, but i just read a thread the other day that explained how someone removed sinks adhered with thermal epoxy, and he said its worked well.

Back