• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Kx-333r problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Krowa 02

When I overclock past 166fsb, I sometimes crash and hear my Hard drive shut on and off, and I always get a message when I boot that the ide channel is missing the 80 conducter cable. I have tried many cables and this leads me to believe it is the board. I want to run this cpu I have a little higher but I dont know if my board will limit me. Should I try to up the voltage on the chip? or just hold out until I build a new system later on?

I assume that you have the 5:2:1 divider enabled, of course. Since you have already tried various cables, have you tried moving your hard drive to the other IDE connector? Does this happen on both IDE connectors?

I think im just gonna buy a better cooler and run this pc in quiet mode from now on, tired of it, saving up for a prescott I guess.

Back