• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BIOS Password Reset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FusionBoi

I was wondering if anyone knew how to reset a bios password on an extremely old pc (bit newer than 486's :D) i'm not used to using such an old pc but sadly, i need to use one in engneering.

you should just need to find the jumper to clear the BIOS, and that will reset the password as well as everyting else. finding the right jumper will be the hard part, but it should be labeled (cryptically) on the motherboard.

just pull the battrie for a day that should do it

Run a Google search for "BIOS backdoor passwords".

Most older BIOSes have a working backdoor password that always lets the user in.

i gotta say the battery trick should work also...it resets the clock and everything else so why not the password? that should do it

I had once tried the jumper on a gigabyte board, it reset it so well it wouldn't post again
lol
Battery would have been smarter on that mobo

itizme... just curious, did you put the jumper back to where it was after....? lol
yeh, clearing the CMOS should do it, i think in my manual (ABIT KD7) there is something about resetting the password. ill have a look.

sorry for the sidetrack Cheesy but the last time I went to Rotherham the last thing it made me think of was wet women in bikinis getting out of sun kissed swimming pools :D :D

Back