• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good temps now?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ajensenlsu

Registered
Okay, I was getting temps in the 46-48 range after putting on my new swiftech mcxc370, so I knew there was something wrong. I figured I probably put too much AS3 on there, so I redid the whole thing and put a VERY thin layer of compound on it. Now, my temps are in the 37-39 range and load at about 42-43. Very nice jump, huh? :D I was wondering if these temps are good and if I could start overclocking.

Also, anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to overclock....my board is a Gigabyte GA-7DX. I'm new to this and I was told that I could only change the FSB on this board and nothing else, but when I go into BIOS it doesn't have the choice for frequency or voltage or anything like that...nowhere to change the FSB. This would be where I would do it right?? Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Okay, my case temps are about 23C, so I think my case is cool enough...Anyway, I have one 92mm stealth front intake, one 80mm LED side intake, one rear stealth 60mm exhaust, and my PSU is the Antec SmartBlue with dual fans, one intake right over the CPU and the usual rear exhaust. I can't fit anything bigger than a 60mm on the back of my case...believe me, i've tried...I need a new case.

Anyway, the case temps seem good to me...am I wrong? Maybe I should try a different fan over the HS? I am using the papst that came with it. I think it only moves like 33cfm or something like that. I would like to use the tmd fan I have, but can't figure out how to make it fit. Any ideas?

Oh, and if you couldn't tell by the fan selections...I'm trying to keep it as quiet as possible, so no Deltas or Tornados please! :eek:

Can anyone give me suggestions on what I can do to lower these temps? What about changing that HS fan to a higher CFM? I might have one sitting around and I can try it....How much of a difference could that make?

edit:: Oh, and what about the whole settling in thing for AS3? How long does that take and how many degrees difference is average in everyone's experience?

Last edited:
Back