• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

any1 rate the q-tec psu 450w dual fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xplicit

I admit im kinda a n00b to overclocking and stuff. but i am gonna be building a new system and i am gradually buying parts now and then and when i have all the parts i will construct it. But to get to the point, i just bought a q-tec psu 450w dual fan gold for £29.99 as i seen it in a sale in maplin's and i thought it sounded like a good deal. But it had no output for monitor power and it has no on off switch like todays psu's usually have. But i really bought it coz its 450w's :D it states that the noise level is less than 32db[a] as i am new to all this i am not really sure about weather or not that is a good noise level. But to me it seems like a loud number :). I havent tried it yet as i am trying all the components at the same time when i build my new comp. So please could any1 help me out. Thanx in advance, Chris.

yeah 32's is near-silent. thats nothing to worry about.
What you should be more interested in are the psu's spec's (its output at 3.3v, 5v 12v ect). what are the specs of that psu?

also (from a problem solving point-of-view) chucking a whole load of new components together is not the way to do it. If i were you, id test that psu now. Then you KNOW weather its working or not, and thats one less thing to think about if you do have problems with the new rig.

I have just been reading up on the this psu but the 550w. The reports I have read say they are a good psu for the money and perform well. I would consider looking at a different shop as you can pick the 550w version up for around £26 at computer fairs. Just sent the mothering law to get me 1 today as made up with cold.

Try this review.

http://www.bit-tech.net/review/123/

Loopy.:)

Right this is my outputs +3.3v, +5v, +12v, -5v, -12v what else do u wanna know?

+3.3v = peak 28A = max 18a
+5v = peak 35a = max 25a
+12v = peak 16a = max 12a
-5v = peak 1.0a = max 0.5a
-12v = peak 1.0a = max 0.5a

+5Vsb = peak 3.0a

FUSE: 250V F10a

looking good. you shouldn't have any problems with that.

fan noise might be an issue, since the fan speed isnt adjustable on those psu's

Back