• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lan and Watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knif_00

Lan parties and watercooling
How do these things get along? How do you move your watercooled rig from your home to the Lan Party?
Do you just pull out the tubes from your resovouir. . Umm *Sp* (tupperware where the water and pump are)
then take out the tupperware and carry it seperate and then refill the tank with fresh water? ?
Or am i reading WAY to far into the whole watercooling thing?

So how is it done. . thats all I need to know.

::knif_00::

Well it’s not done yet, about another week before I get the graphic card in but any ways here’s my water cooled LAN box it will have a LCD 15" in the top cover after I get the rest done no res but I think the heater core should take care of any heat problems :p

19710450.jpg

if everything is water tight and in the case then its very easy to take to a lan. I found a handle very useful because it was so heavy but wheels arnt a bad idea either. I would recommend no resavoir sense it will save you a lot of back pain.

Stedeman said:
Well it’s not done yet, about another week before I get the graphic card in but any ways here’s my water cooled LAN box it will have a LCD 15" in the top cover after I get the rest done no res but I think the heater core should take care of any heat problems :p

19710450.jpg

My kind of guy here, use the bags that the stuff came with to isolate the parts :D I do that all the time.
Nothing wrong with it, it just looks cheap :D

Took my rig on a 2 hour ride to a LAN party w/ not a single leak. Buddy of mine had his Water Cooled computer in the car also. Not a single prob. My rig below.

1-30-03-09.jpg

when i had a res in my w/c rig, it did leak when i moved my computer to another room in my house. When i went inline, i could go to a lan party w/o anyproblems.
Even tried fliping over my computer, and nothing. u might want to bolt everything down though. Use velvet tape around barbs and use a hose clamp as well, and u are almost 99% leak-free

Back