• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2100 AIUHB has arrived!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

l0rd_tornado

Arrived today and i immediatly put it in my rig as i was anxious to see what this puppy was going to do. Ive only been running it about an hour now, and im already at155x15=2330mhz @ 1.85Vcore. I am having to run a slower FSB until my new Corsair Pc3200 gets here in about 2 more days. So im stuck with Corsair pc2400 until then. I have yet to find the ceiling on this chip. As I am typing this, Prime95 is running in the background. I will take it a few more steps further soon and update my progress on this thread as I begin to find this chips limit. :) cheers

2406mhz now, but unfortunantly ive had to jack the voltage up to 1.975 Vcore to get it to run Prime95 without locking up the computer. Does anyone know how bad running at 2v will shorten the life of a CPU? I dont want this thing to die on me in 6months or so. Will probably need atleast a year out of it. time to push it further now :) 2406 and still rising. Temps are hitting full load on the cpu now at 37c.

It is AIUHB 0302. I got it from Excaliber PC, where they guarantee the exact stepping and date code you order. They were very fast, and shipped my order the same day i ordered it, I would highly reccommend them to anyone.

2450mhz. I have to go to work now though doh!! Ill have to finish testing when i get back tonite. Blah

l0rd_tornado said:
It is AIUHB 0302. I got it from Excaliber PC, where they guarantee the exact stepping and date code you order. They were very fast, and shipped my order the same day i ordered it, I would highly reccommend them to anyone.

What mobo do you have?

I don't see any 2100+ AIUHB 0302 in their catalog only 0301 ; 0249 ; 0250 ; 0252. The only 0302 they have is a 1700+ JIUHB.

Lithan said:
What cooling you got on that?

Alpha 8045, Delta Focusflow EHE 80mm 1.35a
Cooler Master Shinetsu TIM.

Ambient temp in the day can hit 37c sometimes
will test for ultimate stability then. Darn, its 6am here now. Hate to do overclocking at night. Will do so in the afternoon. :p

I also ordered the 2100+ Aiuhb 0302 from excaliber and they also shipped mine the same day, can't wait to see what it will do watercooled,if it does 2400 then it's better than my 2700+.

mamer

If you dont see it on their site now then they are out of the 0302. The others will give you the same performance however.

My cooling is SLK-800a with Vantec 80mm tornado fan. I also have 1 80mm fan intake up front, and 2 120mm fans built into the side panel. 2 out take 80mm fans at the back, and running dual fan antec PSU. Using Arctic Silver 2 thermal compound.

Ok, I can get into windows and do stuff fine at 2.5ghz, but prime95 either spams errors, or locks up the system totally. Ill try a lower FSB and Higher multiplier, as ive been trying to push 166mhz fsb and this ram i think may be the culprit. Cant wait till my corsair pc3200 gets here within the next 2 days.

I got my 0250 XP2100+ from excaliber too, and likewise, the shipping was fast. I lived in the bay area and got the chip in two days (from the day I order it).

Sitting in my 8rda+ for the last 4 days burning in @ 11.5x200fsb (2.3ghz) @ 1.775v (1.81actual) on air using a SLK-800 with a smart fan 2 @~3100.

CPU temp reading about 44C @ LOAD and case temp about 28C

Tried 12x200FSB, would post at 1.925V, but couldn't get it to prime stable even @ 1.975 (and full speed cpu fan. didn't try higher (should I?) CPU Temp rises to 50C @ 1.975

tried 11x215FSB @ 1.9 (full speed spu fan), would post, would prime95 only for about an hour, then fail.

well ive dropped back to 2406 and am burning in here. What sucks is I need 2v on the Vcore to hit this speed. I didnt really want to have to go this high. Does anyone know how running at 2v will hurt this chip as far as life is concerned. In other words, how long will this chip last running at 2v ? I know yo ugreatly reduce its life by running it like this, but if I could get a good year out of it at 2v id be fine, but im not sure.

Well, today my 2100 AIUHB arrived, and also today.....It died. Thats right, I have just killed this brand new chip in under 12 hours flat. I still havent a clue as to why the chip fried. I was burning in at 2406mhz, 2.0v, and just chatting on MSN, then all of a sudden i get this horrid screaming noise in my speakers, and my computer locks up. 5 seconds later I smelt that evil smell of a burnt core. Immediatly my heart fell into my shoes as I knew i had just toasted the thing. Why on earth it just all of a sudden blew like that I dont know. Was almost like a light bulb, just running fine for hours then POP. So, Im in the dumps pretty bad right now. Im going to reorder another one tommarow and this time take it much easier on it. I think ill keep the voltage at 1.85v and under to stay safe. Either the chip didnt like the 2.0v or the temperatures, which according to the surface temperature wasnt but 39c. My cpu Core temperature was pushing 68c though, and I think that was my problem. That is very odd to me though to have my motherboard diode report 39c and the core be at 68c. Either way, Ill definantly be taking it easier next time. Let this be a caution to all you guys out there pushing your voltage to 2 and higher, as you could just end up with a dead chip all of a sudden. Why Mine decided to go so quikly I dont know, Ive seen guys with worse cooling than me pushing 2v on the Vcore and it seems to run fine. Maybe I just got a faulty chip, dunno. There goes $100 for about 5 hours of overclocking fun....lol. Atleast i didnt damage my brand new motherboard in the process.

that sucks....well if you got it from newegg.....you could just RMA it.......

edit: my badd i didnt read your post earlier.....see if you can try to RMA it from AMD if you can.....

Back