• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2100 AIUHB has arrived!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nah, im impatient, It burnt up about 3 hours ago and i have already re ordered and got it on 2 day air shipping. It should arrive now the day after my ram gets here. Only this time its going to be the 0301, instead of 0302. I have to get this thing to run at lower voltage, 2v is simply too high and too dangerous it seems. I cant afford to fry another cpu like that.

I just got my 2100 AIUHB 0302 from newegg today. I have it at 13*166 @ 1.75 volts right now. Temps are around 42C running SETI. I am going to unlock it and drop the multiplier tomorrow. I am sure my RAM will hold me back a little, but it is still a lot better than my XP2200 Tbred Rev. A. I could only get it to 1983MHz stable.

JRW160 said:
I just got my 2100 AIUHB 0302 from newegg today. I have it at 13*166 @ 1.75 volts right now. Temps are around 42C running SETI. I am going to unlock it and drop the multiplier tomorrow. I am sure my RAM will hold me back a little, but it is still a lot better than my XP2200 Tbred Rev. A. I could only get it to 1983MHz stable.

Aren't the TBreds factory unlocked?:confused:

l0rd_tornado said:
Well, today my 2100 AIUHB arrived, and also today.....It died. Thats right, I have just killed this brand new chip in under 12 hours flat. I still havent a clue as to why the chip fried. I was burning in at 2406mhz, 2.0v, and just chatting on MSN, then all of a sudden i get this horrid screaming noise in my speakers, and my computer locks up. 5 seconds later I smelt that evil smell of a burnt core. Immediatly my heart fell into my shoes as I knew i had just toasted the thing. Why on earth it just all of a sudden blew like that I dont know. Was almost like a light bulb, just running fine for hours then POP. So, Im in the dumps pretty bad right now. Im going to reorder another one tommarow and this time take it much easier on it. I think ill keep the voltage at 1.85v and under to stay safe. Either the chip didnt like the 2.0v or the temperatures, which according to the surface temperature wasnt but 39c. My cpu Core temperature was pushing 68c though, and I think that was my problem. That is very odd to me though to have my motherboard diode report 39c and the core be at 68c. Either way, Ill definantly be taking it easier next time. Let this be a caution to all you guys out there pushing your voltage to 2 and higher, as you could just end up with a dead chip all of a sudden. Why Mine decided to go so quikly I dont know, Ive seen guys with worse cooling than me pushing 2v on the Vcore and it seems to run fine. Maybe I just got a faulty chip, dunno. There goes $100 for about 5 hours of overclocking fun....lol. Atleast i didnt damage my brand new motherboard in the process.

Sad to read that:(

What cooling system and motherboard were you using?

l0rd_tornado said:
If you dont see it on their site now then they are out of the 0302. The others will give you the same performance however.

My cooling is SLK-800a with Vantec 80mm tornado fan. I also have 1 80mm fan intake up front, and 2 120mm fans built into the side panel. 2 out take 80mm fans at the back, and running dual fan antec PSU. Using Arctic Silver 2 thermal compound.

Theres his cooling.

Sorry to hear you fried it man. I basically run at the same speed but at 1.92 volts with the exact same cooling. Im going to burn it in a little more by folding then back it down a couple notches. I want this processor to last.

They are unlocked and some of the newest mobos can read all the multipliers 5 - 20. I have the A7v333, and the 1016.002 bios, so I only get 13 and up. Hopefully 1017 bios will give me 5 - 20.
If not, ill just play around with the L3 bridge and unlock it to give me 5 - 12.

I was gonna warn everyone not to exceed 1.8 volts but I am too late. My consoldences for the loss of a $150 cpu :( and you cant RMA, you voided warrenty. That was a nice oc too, probably woulda gotten 17k 3d marks too

Nobody is going to really know how much these chips can handle and for how long until alot of us start burning up chips at certain voltages. Only time will tell what these Tbred B's can handle. To use an arbitrary value right now of how high not to go is somewhat premature at this point. Lets give the chip some more time before we jump to conclusions.

Yea, it was a nice o/c. Luckily I already have another chip on the way :). Its a 0301 though, and there is no telling if I will be able to obtain 2.4ghz+ with thise new one or not. I sure hope I can, and I hope this one will do it at less voltage! Running at 2v is going to make me feel nervous now, although It did burn in for like 2 hours at that before it finally blew. I could have just had a faulty chip as well or something, im not sure. I just hope this new 0301 does about the same, or better. This time around I will also have my pc3200 corsair memory :). Thursday ill have the new chip and start from square one, this time taking it a little easier on the chip. I jumped from stock speed right to 2.4ghz in under an hour of having it I was so anxious, lol. Now I guess im paying for it somewhat. Its the life of an overclocker though I suppose, and it sure isnt the first cpu ive messed up in one day's time. I once screwed a brand new chip and mobo at the same time, lol.

BTW- Motherboard is Abit KD7-raid. Thank god I didnt damage it in the process. I was really worried I might have messed it up to, but it booted up and ran last nite on my old cpu just fine. whew. :D

I know there is no exact law in ocing, but I wonder if with those TBreds the newer the stepping is the better it is for oc? (I know, I know, the answer is my question:D)

sorry to hear of your loss man.if done carefully 2v usually isnt a problem.sorry to say but heat killed yours.68c diode reading reading should be a big warning flag.

also you need to work upto a high voltage.its taken me 1 month to get into 2.2v safely.

dont be discouraged or nervous about running the new chip either,just have a better plan of attack.and listen to the warning flags you see this time.

your choice if you have the money but is it really worth pushing the voltage from 1.8 to 2.0 to get 50MHz more and to 2.2 for another 50? Maybe if you wanted 3dmark bragging rights but for all purposes its a waste

my 1700+ tbred b JIUHB 0302 can hit 1938 on stock voltage but at 12.5*155 my memory or hd dont want to boot right all the time and if it dont boot right away i get my windows system corrupted :(

i know its something do to with memory, mobo or somthing, just not the chip cause i droped the multi to 10 and tryed to get the fsb as high as it would go 155 was the brakeing point for it still would gag on it and corrupt windows......

Xargon said:
my 1700+ tbred b JIUHB 0302 can hit 1938 on stock voltage but at 12.5*155 my memory or hd dont want to boot right all the time and if it dont boot right away i get my windows system corrupted :(

i know its something do to with memory, mobo or somthing, just not the chip cause i droped the multi to 10 and tryed to get the fsb as high as it would go 155 was the brakeing point for it still would gag on it and corrupt windows......
try adding more voltage to the ram or relax the timings more or try both.might just be the mobo and its chipset.

Overclocker550 im not sure your asken me that or refering to me.
but heres my opinion on that.
its my chip i paid cash for it. i like it alot and dont want it to die either.that said to me its worth it to add the extra vcore.i like big numbers what can i say.you wont beleive how fast i can surf the net now :D
i dont run benchmarks much anymore.i have before and i can say from memory i know what my system will do without running them.

i dont need bragging rights either. i already have them btw.
im #1 oc.com 3dmark team mx440
im #2 on oc.com for a 1800A ,i was beaten by a prometia :)

i myself have nothing left to prove really.its all in good clean fun :) and yes i keep a spare cpu at all times.

anyone got an 0301? How is this week number stacking up to the others? I ordered a new cpu last nite right after mine toasted, and got the 0301. I wish now that I had of gotten the 0250 or something, as Ive seen several 0301's only hitting in the 2.2ghz range. If i dont hit atleast 2.3ghz with this one im going to just flat be upset lol. I want my freakin 2.4ghz again dangit. Im going to kick myself if this new chip dont overclock atleast almost as good as my 0302. I got that thing in windows and could do anything but run prime95 at over 2.5ghz. grrr. Anyways, somebody with an 0301 speak up and let me know how that week is doing. cheers.

just got a new aiuhb from newegg today and got it going at over 2ghz...i need better cooling...but i forgot to check the week!!!!:(

it is brown....so which week did the brown ones come out?

all the weeks have brownies i believe. 2ghz for an AIUHB isnt good :(. actually the slowest ive heard of probably.

l0rd_tornado said:
all the weeks have brownies i believe. 2ghz for an AIUHB isnt good :(. actually the slowest ive heard of probably.
as we know not all chips even of the same exact codes oc the same,same goes with people.

zangler im NOT refering this about you!BUT RATHER it just made me think of this.
you can give the worlds best chip to someone with little experiance and average equipment and get really bad oc's.unless you have the chip in your hands and in your own rig that info is almost useless.its a good hint on what one MIGHT do, but still almost useless.

i do have freinds here who if i get ocing info from them i know its as good as if i did it myself,why? they oc like i do and learned like i did.in time from being here long enough you will see people like this who you can trust and relate to with info.

my only problem is i had to go to a 4000rpm fan vs my delta, and that has really had and effect on my cooling so i just decided to hold off at 2ghz...i would hate to burn this baby up. so when i change my fan i will check my week...that way i will know for sure.

Back