• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC n00b could use some advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SamDamYam

I've been checking out this and several other sites on how to OC. So far this is the site that has explained the most but I still haven't read a clear description of how to OC my proc. My setup is as follows:

A7n8x Deluxe mobo
XP 2100+ proc
xms3200ll cas 2 corsair mem

Could someone give me a basic run through of how to oc my processor and optimize my memory for this setup? I've built several systems but never tried to OC.

So how do I start? Do i drop the multiplier down and raise the FSB so the proc is still running at spec'd frequency, then slowly raise the multiplier? Or do i just start by raising my fsb and watching the temps?

I've heard several different things, like that if my pci bus is running at a different speed then stuff get's all goofed.

Any help at all would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Oh one more thing, what bios should I be using with this board when I'm oc'ing? The board is brand spankin new but i wanna make sure i'm using the bst one out there. Tnks again

You should be running the latest bios from asus, 1002 final at least, or you could try the uber bios, more info on that in the sticky of the asus mobo section. Also check the voltage of you cmos battery, most boards have been shipping with bad batteries. It should be at 3v if it's lower than that replace it.

As for the oc, I think you'll need to unlock the lower multi's, right now you should have 13 and up. As for the pci, it isn't changed when you adjust the fsb, the main reason for buying the n-force2.

BTW - Welcome to the forums:D
Jim

Back