• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is this bad ??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

l0rd_tornado

isthisbad.jpg

sorry for poor image quality as i had to really compress the image to get it within file size limit to fit on the hosting server.

What im wanting to know is about the Temperatures. Sensor 1 is the temperature that is being read from inside the motherboards Socket. Sensor 2 is the temperature that is being read from inside the CPU's Core via the thermal diode. No one uses the core temperature as reference so im not sure if im in a dangerous zone here or not with these temperatures.

amd or pentium?

amd whitepapers recommend the highest operating temp of their chips to be around 70C, from memory. i dont know if this is the most current rating for that speed chip however, or if that chip is even an amd.

Tornado .. How did you get it to report your diode temperature in MM5? I try to select it, and I am using the same chip as you, but it only lets me pick Winbond 1 -3?

I believe if your Socket temp is 41 underload, which is right where mine is actually, then your fine. I will try and check my diode temp if I can get it to display.

Also, what FSB, and Multi are you using to obtain that clock?

What cooling setup are you using?

Right now I can only get 193FSBx11 = 2123Mhz stable.

I am using a 77CFM fan on a volcano 9, on an Epox 8RDA+ mobo.

My stepping is Week 48, so basically same batch of 2100's.

Also, what does your bios report your temp as?

Another thing, I noticed your -12, and -5v's were reporting very low.. I report -12v ~12.11 and -5v ~ 5.25 .. Maybe low is better? But just seems odd.

I think that you have to change your heatsink with something better.These temperatures are to high.Which heatsink are you using?

Back