• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best mobo fo rthe specs that i want-opinions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

I wanna get a new board-preferably one that has a good chipset like the 760/761chipset-i want it to have RAID. Ram really dont matter but id rateher stick to SDRAM but a DDR board is ok-also i obviously want 133mhz+ support and want to be able to adjust FSB, Mltiplier, and Voltage either in BIOS or on the mobo dipswitches. Id rather in the BIOS-reccommendations please- i have been eyeing the Abit, of the EpoxAK7A+ any ideas guys

The AMD 76x chipsets support DDR only. The highest performing SDRAM is the KT133A..I cannot make a DDR motherboard recommendation, as I haven't yet lived with one.

The KT133A is the most mature chipset available, but some motherboards/manufacturers have seemingly more issues than others. My personal preference is a board that uses a combination of BIOS and jumper settings. This being the Iwill KK266. RAID is available as well.

The Iwill's feature set is very complete, and it is a fine overclocker. I do not know if this is what you are looking for in a motherboard precisely, but I am very happy with mine.

T

will the Iwill KK266R, i have to use 184 pin ram correct wether its DDR of not?? Cause i relly like the look of that b=oard and the Raid feature-what chipset does it have the KK266?

The board uses good old 168 pin DIMMs. High quality RAM is s must, as the boards typically are capable of ~160Mhz FSB (320Mhz in AMD speak)

The KK266-R uses the Via KT133A northbridge and the '686B' Via Southbridge.

T

the IWILL is probably the best board out there right now. I like the MSI board a lot though for the price, you can get it and a duron for just a little over a lot of the other boards out there.

I really like my A7V133. It uses the KT133A chipset, its RAID ready, and you can set everything that you need to set in the BIOS. I've never had any stability problems with it; its very reliable. Just make sure that you have the latest BIOS revision, for the memory optimisers and whatnot. Good luck!

Back