• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TwinMOS w/ TwinMOS chips from MemX...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How much is a stick of TwinMOS 512MB 3200.

I cannot find in any review or product spec about the TwinMOS timing specification. For Corsair, at least I am sure I'll be getting 200 MHz 6-2-2-2 timing @ 2.5V for a 3200LL, or 217 MHz 6-3-3-2 @ 2.5V for a 3500C2, otherwise I can ask for RMA from Corsair. Whether I can get 10% more from it is a matter of "luck", most ppl on the forum say Corsair can oc by 5-10% (but this is extra and no guarantee).

I also find many reviews about memory, some how the sticks they tested, for some reasons, can go much higher than spec. I once got an OCZ EL 3500 based on reviews saying it can go as high as 240+ MHz, but mine can only go to 210 Mhz (which is below spec).

My concern about buying TwinMOS is that the spec on timing is not clear. It says it can go up to 200 MHz, would it be Cas2, or Cas2.5, at x-2-2-2 or x-3-3-2.5, it is not clear to me. If I can only run at 200 Mhz and crashes at 201, even at relax timing, I am out of luck, and I cannot complain without a clear timing spec.

Same thing, I hesitate to order Kingston HyperX 3500 which spec at 8-4-4-2, I cannot complain if it can only run at 217 MHz with 8-4-4-2. I would get Corsair 3500C2, since I know at least I'll get 217 MHz at 6-3-3-2. Also 8-4-4-2 may be an indication that the memory may not be able to oc much higher than spec.

I have the Twinmos from them with the Winbond 5ns chips, VERY good stuff! I run it all day at 211 dual sync with 4-2-2-2 timings. Their site says this about the Twinmos with Twinmos chips:

"This module uses Winbond chips which have been re-labled as Twinmos brand. We can sell this module at a lower cost than the Twinmos module with Winbond markings. Function and quality are equal"

If this IS TRUE, they are a steal at $59! I have heard the same thing about Twinmos relabeling the Winbond chips and people with the Twinmos chips have had very good results with this ram.

Back