• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone Used Kingston HyperX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shade00

Hey guys, I'm looking at adding some more RAM to my system, and I was wondering if anyone here had used the HyperX PC3000 stuff. I searched for a review but they were all for the PC3500 stuff. That's too expensive for me.

I'm wondering if this stuff will do well over its rated speed and the general stuff.

Comments/opinions welcomed.

Thanks!

I have it and it works great with my 8RDA+. The highest i can go is 185fsb though. I think it is the board not the memory. I have not seen one person that has a compatability problem with this ram and their board.

I picked up two sticks of HyperX 3500 256mb.
With both sticks installed in my Nforce2 (Zenith) board I can run it in sync with the FSB at 200 (The Zenith doesnt allow any higher yet) or async at 224 with default voltage default timings. I havn't tried any higher but at DDR 448 default timings sandra reported 3400 and 3100 as the score. I've seen higher scores but remember this was run at relaxed timings and default voltage with complete stability. Not a single hickup. When my computer finally makes it here I'll push it up as high as I can get it and post some numbers. All I can say is I love this stuff, and its worth every penny.

AHHH, not to be rude but Shade00 wants to know about the pc3000 kingston hyperX as there are NO reviews on this ram. People know the pc3500 kingston is good, and maybe should have put in the subject of the thread....but in the body asks only about the pc3000. Its just we need info on the pc3000 MUCH more than the 3500. Ohwell, as i am looking at buying some pc3000 kingston i need to find out from others a bit more on how it works out.

Yes, I should have clarified more in the title.

The PC3500 is too expensive for me, but the PC3000 is pretty cheap... $85 for 512mb is a really good buy, and especially for stuff that's rated faster than PC2700.

Soooo... still looking for people with experiences with the PC3000.

Thanks for all your comments though guys.

I am supposed to be getting some in any day now.
I won't be able to put it to use until March 19th though.
Don't get the new system board until then.

New System:
Intel P4 3.06:mad:
Intel D845PEBT2
256 Mb PC2700
Case - Generic
Geforce4 Ti4200
CD-ROM
Floppy
XP Pro
60 Barracuda SATA

Last edited:
Well i have hyperx pc3000 and the highiest i can get it to is 188 with timing set @ 5 2 2 2.0 I like it it is ok i guess not the best but good benchmarks with it beats cl2.5 pc3200.

no i havent i like it @ lower timing and if i use cl 3 it doesnt run as well 8rda boards dont like cas 3 settings

My computer will not do 200fsb synch either. I have hyperx ram 3500 ram as well. I got another board and it was the same story. I ordered some 3200 corsair ram just to make sure it is not the memory. I can run the fsb at 200 but then the memory will do no higher than 160. I wonder if it is the memory or the board? does it take more voltage to run synch at 200 than running the fsb at 200 and the memory at 160?

Back