• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

am I pushing my luck with voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nealric

Ive been working on ocing my 2100 tbred and Im wondering on how safe my voltage is.
I know the pallys seem to be fine with the higher voltage, but what about the tbreds?

Right now I can run 2.4Ghz at 1.9v or 2.5Ghz at 2v. Temps are not the issue (Always in the teens or single didgits no matter what). I probably will have the chip for about a year or so. Anybody get sudden death from 2v or thereabouts?

ive seen no stds at 2v upto 2.2v but doesnt mean it doesnt happen.
i run 2.1v-2.2v in my tbreds 24/7
but id say 2v on a chip should still last 1 year imo.

im doing 2400mhz @2v on my 1700B as i speak.

Yea, you shouldnt have to worry about it dying on you. Voltages are normally just related to cooling problems, and since you dont have cooling problems you are ok. Yea, it probably will only last a year or so, but you will probably have upgraded 2 or 3 times by then, lol.

yup he did fry it.not becouse of 2v but rather the heat the 2v coused.
voltage used in reason doesnt kill,the heat voltage creates is what kills.
his cpu was 68c man.

now if you put 2.5v on a cpu id say most likley it will die no matter how cold it is.

Back