• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Volcano 7+ VS SK-6 w/ smart fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kuja

Registered
Which one is better overall? The Sk-6 w/smart fan is $3 more expensive.

Last edited:
Well from what I see, volcano 7+ is better overall :). How about volcano 7+ and volcano 9? Which one is better? I heard a lot of opinions about these 2, but I have mixed answers.. So which one do you think it's better? Volcano 7+ is aobut $45 Cdn, while Volcano 9 is $30.

the v7+ will performe better than the v9

but IMO the v9 is the better product (it has a better fan + manual adustment and its cheaper)

the differance would only be a few degrees tho

Well I have a Volcano7+ & the only dowsides to it is a uneven base, which you can lap, & the relatively weak clip that lets the heatsink move around. I added a 1mm shim to the clip to increase the clamp pressure but I don't think people should try that unless they are willing to lose a chip because of the big chance of you crushing it. I also don't use the fan speed controller because I want it at full blast everytime.

Work for some more cash & look at better alternatives is the way to go if the other heatsinks are available to you.

Well, there is vantec aeroflow, which is about $46... and there is SLK-800, which is like $69, no way i am getting it tho. So can you guys gimme an opinion on aeroflow? How does it matched up against the volcano series?

Giblet Plus! said:
The aeroflow is slightly better than the 7+, and a lot quieter.

Where do you live? Prices seem high.
Canada, so the prices are a bit high.. does aeroflow look good thru the side window, because I am also modding my computer.

Back