• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

finally, 2 gigs!! hooray!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SpaceRangerJoe

i finally broke the 2gig mark. and it only took 1.95Vcore to do it!!! i dont think im going to keep it at this for long. its been running prime for over 24 hours now, and no errors, so thats good. but i dont think the life of my chip will be all that good at this voltage. i just dont have great luck with chips. oh well. i think ill try to get a 2100 sometime and see what that gets me.

whats the stepping on it?
i have a 1800 aiuga 0249 and its a nice ocer also.
but i will warn you,imo thats way to much vcore to fast.

i run all my chips at high vcore and ive been lucky enough they have all lived upto 2.2v

here is my plan of attack:
1.85v -4days
1.95v-3days
2.05v-2days
2.1v-2days

im not saying my way is perfect as i have no proof of anything.but i do have live chips that say "we like high vcore" :D

btw i got my 1800A upto 2.2ghz @2.2v
gonna take ya some darn good cooling to surpase 2v tho.good luck man its a good chip.

RangerJoe said:
too bad i can still beat you :p, and at a lower voltage

and from now on, you walk home from school. :D

anyway, your right about that being to much voltage. temps are to terrible....kinda.... with all my fans on high, i run about 44 load, with 19c in the room. but it is stable, so im not to worried yet. i can do 1.95gig at 1.8volts, so i think i might just go back to that. or ill just try to burn it in some more at the higher voltage, and then see if i cant get it to run at a lower voltage at the same speed. IMHO, 1.95volts is just to high to run for long term air cooling.

edit: its an AIUGA 0249

and is your plan of attack there your burn in schedule?

Last edited:
Back