• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got BEEF w/ MSI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeathONator

The first computer I built I used an MSI mobo. I liked it so I was planning on using one again. Today I looked was looking at the nforce2 boards and noticed THEY DON'T HAVE ANY CPU MOUNTING HOLES! Now I can't buy one cause I am planning on cooling w/ water. Maybe I'll drill my own hose (J/K already).

Another thing I don't like w/ my current board is the case mounting holes on the far right side of the mobo don't go over far to match up w/ the holes on the case, all new ones are like this also correct?

Other than that I love 'em. They should fix these thing so I can buy one!

I completely agree about cpu cooling mounting holes. For ANY manufacturer to essentially lock out the core enthusiast crowd by omitting such an ESSENTIAL detail on what is obviously intended to be an upper echelon board is inexcusable.

(breath)

"This motherboard is packed with overclock friendly features, is a rock-solid performer and fast as hell. Enjoy your air cooling or the terror you'll feel when you try to strap a waterblock on."

Theres no mounting holes (and you will notice alot of mobo manufactuers leaving them out) because AMD changed the socket spec and holes are no longer in it.

Therefore the manufactuer no longer has to implement holes, tis a bit of a bummer I know but you can't blame MSI it's AMD that changed the spec, they are just following what AMD told them to build it like ;)

Back