• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

¿Heatercore Placement Ideas?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gouda96

I was just wondering if anyone is using a Chevette heatercore in a Lian-li pc60 or other lian-li cases like it. If so where did you put it, and did you need any modding. Heheeh i would almost prefer having to mod the case, i love using my dremel.

Oh, and by the way i was planning on making WetWilly's brilliant shroud on my heatercore. Looks great and cost little!!!

Last edited:
not sure about your answer, but since you havent gotten a single response yet, you may want to try a forum search for keywords "lian" and "heatercore" or "chevette" (chevette is often misspelled (sp?)) :rolleyes: im not sure how to spell misspell.

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS!

heehe thanks for the pitty response

Thanks for the pitty...hehehe. I have 3 pc-60's already, and i got a pc-71 for just over $100 so i kind of solved the problem, but thanks.

The funny thing is though, i believe that you personally may have already welcomed me to the forums, i remember posting several things with you responding, and i think you welcomed me. Thanks for the welcome... i am proud to be a part of the oc-forums community.

hey its a good group. i was planning on mounting a core in my top drive bay and cutting a 120mm blowhole. however i found myself caught up in other work.soo good luck. i am aware of someone modding the bottom front of there case and accomidating a raidiator quite nicley. i dont think it was a chevette core however it was a core. you could always loose the hdd bays mount a front 120 exhaust. place the HC along the side of the case, make a shroud and use that as an independant air loop for the HC.

fitting it in

I am going to try putting it in a pc-60 first, i like smaller cases. I took out the HD rack, and drilled out the rivetts and removed the HD ralis and speaker from the bottom. I don't use a floppy drive, so i just got a hardcano and mounted my HD in a 5.25" bay.(i wanted the temp sensors). I am going to cut a hole that fist my evercool aluminum 120mm fan. I got a Chevette, with dual .Wetwilly shrouds and fans. I think it will work nicely... I hope

Back