• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error while installing windows xp on 8RDA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lub

Registered
Hi,

I have epox 8RDA with twinx512-3200LL xms corsair with bios setting at 5-2-2-2.0

This is a new system just bought and I am trying to install window xp onto it. But in the middle of the setup it keeps giving the error

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

and does not finish installing the os.

Do I have the wrong mem sticks for this mobo, or what is going on?

Thanks.

Try setting the bios to default settings.......... The ONLY time I EVER had a problem installing an OS was memory related, and I tried like 5x B4 I figured it out.
Different slot will produce different results also, I use slots 1+2 ( furthest and closest to the cpu), as do MOST folks who use this board as those slots seem to allow the highest FSB in Dual channel mode.... in single channel I would try slot 2 ( closest to the cpu) as that 1 seems to be the most stable.....
If using 2 sticks try 1 and see if it'll load, if not try the other.

Page faults are usually memory related also( if not always- not sure on that though).

Good Luck

I had that problem when I was installing XP on my a7n8x. It turned out that my mem was bad and once I put some ram that worked in it, it installed fine.

What I ended up doing was taking a stick of mem from my other computer and using it to install the os, and it did so fine. I then put the new double sticks of corsair mem back in and everything seems to work hahahaha :). Except for a few windows programs claiming that something went wrong and will close, it seems to work. Gotta keep my eye on those closing programs, if it turns out to be too much of a prob then maybe the sticks either are no good, or not right or my mobo.

What do you think? have you ever heard of bad sticks only causing some windows programs to crash now and then?

I didn't seem to find the memtest program. does that come with windows XP?

Back